Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC): WBC exposes the skin to ultra low temperatures, -200 to -260 F. WBC stimulates cold receptors all over the body and triggers an internal systemic anti-inflammatory response. Exposing the skin to the extreme cold, powered by the vapors of liquid nitrogen, improves the blood circulation and increases the oxygen to all the cells in your body. The magic of whole body cryotherapy happens with the vasoconstriction and the vasodilation of the blood vessels.
When you are receiving the whole body cryotherapy treatment, your body will go through vasoconstriction, which occurs when the blood vessels tighten and become smaller in order to reduce the circulation; this process happens in order to keep your blood around the core of your body, to protect your organs from the extreme cold stimulus. When your two to three minutes is up, and you step out of the machine, your body experiences vasodilation, where the blood vessels open up and expand to more than three times their normal size. The blood that was surrounding your core and picking up extra oxygen is now flushed throughout your body, helping your body to amp up its natural ability to recover!
It is an invigorating, nontoxic treatment and has been used for decades in Europe and Japan to lessen pain and aid in weight loss as well as to treat health problems including fibromyalgia, arthritis, depression, and even insomnia. Athletes who are familiar with icing and ice baths LOVE cryotherapy for being quick and effective in the muscle recovery process as well as allowing the athlete to train harder with less down time. People who will benefit from whole body cryotherapy include athletes and active individuals, people experiencing injury/ pain or poor sleep, and those who want to look and feel their best!
WHOLE BODY CRYOTHERAPY BENEFITS
- Cellulite reduction
- Metabolism boost promoting weight loss
- Improvement in skin conditions including psoriasis, blemishes, and acne
- Collagen production- evens skin tone, and signs of aging
Health & Wellness:
- Pain relief from disorders such as rheumatoid diseases and fibromyalgia
- Decreased muscle soreness, spasms, and inflammation
- Improved post-surgical recovery
- Alleviation of depression, anxiety, fatigue, insomnia, migraines, effects of stress
Sports & Recovery:
- Faster recovery from stress of competitive sports or training
- Reduced inflammation, swelling, and pain
- Enhanced energy and endorphin release
- Improved muscle and motor unit activation
- Greater testosterone levels in men